Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb. 25/09 Per. D 9 Math

Today we spent a few minutes looking back at yesterday's all period math day and discussing the cookies that we made.

After that we worked on equation solving sheet Eq-7. Questions 1-15 were assigned for tomorrow and we will move on from there. Answers were posted in the class and everyone was given the opportunity to write them down.

I also asked each student to visit the blog and answer two question by either e-mailing me their answers or commenting on the blog. Here are the 2 questions.

1.) What did you like about yesterday, or what did you think worked well?
2.) What would you change about yesterday, or what didn't work as well as it could have?

5 comments:

  1. I Liked EAting the cookies, i didnt like clean up time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how math was used in this, probably not in a practical, we always do that everyday kind of way, but a more math was useful kind of way. because we usually ask why are we learning this in class and what are we going to use it for?

    I didn't like...the math game which if you knew the pattern, and your opponent knows it too, you'd know you already lost if you went first...or second. Dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how we made those cookies but I should have tasted the salt.

    I would have changed putting sprinkles in the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked eating the cookes, I didnt like cleaning up the messes we made.
    I think if we could do it again we should take out doing the math, cause that sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked making the cookies yesterday because it taught you how to use math while working with ingredients.

    I didn't like the math game much because it was a lot like something we did before, except we were using numbers.

    -Philip S.

    ReplyDelete